At Xperient, we appreciate quality print ready files. While not a requirement, following simple procedures adds value to how your project is handled and streamlines the delivery of your job. Consider the following details.
- All artwork and images extend at least .125” bleed beyond the finished page size.
- Logos or graphics created in vector programs have all type converted to outlines.
- The pasteboard surrounding your design pages is empty. No overflowing text/images.
- All images are correctly positioned and linked.
- Live type and critical images are at least .2” within the trimmed document edge.
- All fonts are either included, embedded or outlined.
- You have only used fonts that you intend to use for output.
- Colors and images are converted from RGB to CMYK or special and Pantone colors are specified as spot colors.
- All PMS swatches that will be printed in CMYK have been converted to CMYK values.
- All duplicate PMS swatches are resolved. (e.g., PMS 289C, 289U, 289CV); Coated (C) vs. Uncoated (U).
- All unused PMS color swatches should be deleted.
- All black text is 100% Black, not CMYK Black (Registration).
- Large black solids and backgrounds have been specified as a Rich Black mix.
- Varnishing and special treatment areas identified as SPOT colors, if applicable.
- Total ink density is appropriate for the stock type. 300% coated, 280% uncoated, 250% newsprint.
Page Specs and Final Review
- The document dimensions are the right size for printing, folding and trimming.
- Trim, fold, and registration marks are included.
- Overprint settings have been checked.
- All pages are supplied as single pages – not spreads.
- Finished artwork saved as a press-ready PDF with correct pagination.
- All documents have been proof-read and double checked before submission.
Unsure about your files? No problem. We are happy to review and pre-flight your files upon submission for any print job. Email your file or upload your files securely using our easy, online upload tool, today.
Resources: For a downloadable print pre-flight checklist, right-click link to download here.
Xperient is Central Florida's print provider with more than a decade of proven performance, delivering quality printing projects on time, every day.