We love celebrating our independence! In addition to time with family and friends, ice pops and barbecues, we like sharing details about this important day.
Here are some fun facts:
- The Declaration of Independence was penned by Thomas Jefferson and signed by 56 men representing 13 colonies. The Pioneer Woman
- The Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest on Coney Island began 1916. The record is 68 hot dogs with buns in 10 minutes. History
- Fireworks were first used to celebrate the 4th of July in 1777. IBTimes
- In 2013, 3.9 million dollars of U.S. flags were made in and imported from China. Census
- The Fourth of July did not become a federal holiday until 1870. It wasn't a paid holiday until 1941. NYDaily News
- The population of the United States in 1776 was about 2.5 million. In 2014, the U.S. population was estimated by the Census Bureau to be about 318.4 million. Washington Post
If you are in need of print services as we approach this holiday, please direct your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate processing before or just after Monday.
Xperient is a premier print provider delivering excellent quality printing before and after July 4th. For a professional print estimate, please contact us.